Thursday, April 26, 2007

Under Pressure...



My friend Leslie has convinced me that I need to start blogging again. Believe me it's been on my mind quite a bit lately. I have so much to share with you that I'm not sure where to begin. ??? I think it's best to start where I left off many months ago...with the antique sofa. Yes, it's complete and has found it's new home in my living room. I couldn't be more pleased with the final product! Thank you Hazel for your wonderful work on my dream sofa.
Also, does something look familiar in the first picture to all of you Rustic Roots shoppers ???? Hmmm... Look hard.
Yes, that's one of the old dressing room mirrors. I have it in my living room collaged with about seven other odd mirrors and frames. I'll get a picture of that later this week. My living room is super duper tiny and this mirror has seriously visually doubled the size. I decided to lean it against the wall vertically to give the room some height. If you have a small room with tall ceilings you could hang it on the wall horizontally to give the illusion of more space. Just make sure that your reflecting something visually pleasing, not the ceiling or the heater vent. Yikes! I've seen this mistake made too many times and it's such a simple fix.

2 comments:

shelly d said...

Glad you're back!!! Love your style. Your little bundle of joy is just precious. Congrats!!!!!

Jenny said...

The sofa looks fantastic. Great idea to paint the dark wood.